ARLINGTON, Va, Aug. 24, 2022 – International startup incubator and accelerator ZEBOX America today announced a new cohort of 9 startups, marking a key milestone as the tech hub works to reimagine and revitalize the North American supply chain, logistics, mobility, and Industry 4.0 sectors.
Initiated in 2018 by Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and CEO of the CMA CGM Group, a global player in sea, land, air, and logistics solutions, ZEBOX has supported in less than 4 years more than 85 startups, building successful businesses that have raised tens of millions of dollars in venture funding and created significant numbers of new high-skilled jobs. The newly announced cohorts of startups will benefit from the connections and industry expertise of ZEBOX’s corporate partners, which include BNSF Railway, Cargomatic, CEVA Logistics, EDRAY, Ingram Industries, project44, the Port of Virginia, TRAC Intermodal, and RoadOne.
The 9 new startups are:
- BasicBlock, a freight-factoring app that simplifies payment for drivers and carriers.
- DriverFly, a digital job board connecting drivers with better opportunities;
- Haul, an employment solution for truck-less freight drivers;
- HeroWear, a lightweight spring-powered exoskeleton to support worker health;
- SiteTrax.io, a platform for tracking containers in real-time;
- Splice, a low-code platform for integration of the full logistics ecosystem.
- Tag-N-Trac, a breakthrough in wireless supply chain traceability and visibility;
- Voxel, an AI-powered solution for curbing operational risk and managing workplace safety;
- WARP, a middle-mile freight network to optimize shipping;
A rapidly extended network of 17 startups
Through these partnerships, portfolio startups receive access to co-development programs, enabling faster and more market-attuned product development for emerging companies. Portfolio startups also benefit from exclusive access to ZEBOX’s pool of top-flight angel investors and venture capitalists, as well as the accelerator’s fast-growing international network of talented professionals in sales and marketing, engineering and operations.
The selected startups represent the cutting edge in logistics, mobility, transportation and supply chain innovation. Following a rigorous application process led by a seasoned selection committee, these startups represent a wide range of industries, technologies and product types to join the ZEBOX America program. They join ZEBOX America’s founding cohort of 8 startups, selected in early 2022, many of which have already secured significant venture funding, investments, and industry partnerships.
“Selecting and welcoming new startups is one of the most exciting and important tasks we undertake at ZEBOX and it’s something we take incredibly seriously,” said Charley Dehoney, Vice President of ZEBOX America. “The new cohorts of startups have been through a rigorous selection process and they’ve proven their ability to unlock new technologies and propel the logistics and supply chain space in important new directions. In partnership with top industry leaders from across the world, I’m confident that our North America headquarters will continue raising the bar for innovation.”